Tuesday, December 16, 2014

EDIBLE GIFTS : LAVENDER SHORTBREAD COOKIES




I love making these lavendar cookies and at the request of Cami, I whipped up a batch these week to bring to her studio.  I haven't quite mastered these appearance wise, but they are definitely delicious.  I foresee more baked gifts in my near future, so stay tuned!

Lavender Shortbread Cookies: 

5/8 cup butter 
1/2 cup white sugar 
1 egg 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1 tablespoon lavender flowers 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
(we've made this with substitutes to be gluten free and they still turned out great!) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
Grease cookie sheets 
Cream together the butter and sugar
Beat the egg and blend it into the butter and sugar
Add vanilla, mix in lavender flowers, and the flour
Drop by taespoonfuls onto cookie sheets
Bake about 10 minutes or until golden
Remove to cooling racks and sprinkle with decorative sugar (optional)


1 comment:

  1. The velvet ribbon on this is just beautiful, and I'm sure they taste amazing too!

    ReplyDelete